Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scrappy Sunday...

After celebrating Japanese Girl's Day at the Hina Doll Festival in Shunan City yesterday, Was ready to spend a little more time closer to home today... and closer to my scraproom! I finished up some projects... a productive day, really (and it's still not over, yet! Yay!). I finished this custom order wall hanging, it's a little over three-feet long. Can you guess what it's mad out of (besides scrapbook paper and ribbon, of course!):



Vinyl record albums! These are the 33 1/3 RPM size, which are 12 inches across. I started creating with records back in 2006, when the Crop-a-dile and Bind-it-All hit the crafting market. Both are strong and sharp enough to punch through the vinyl. It was fun to come back to using them.

I also worked on something for my own home. I had originally created this 3-foot wide canvas piece about four years ago, as part of a collage of my sons' pictures, which hung in my living room in Pensacola. 



Of course, with the move to Japan, I don't have the same wall space. Or the same type of walls. You can't just hammer a nail in to the concrete walls we live in, so I'm limited in what I can hang. So, this piece now stands, or, hangs, rather, alone, although that may change, depending on my mood... As for today's mood, I decided to update it, keeping the center photo of the boys together, which was taken in 2008, and adding this years' school photos, obviously taken four years later. I always seem to dress them in blue plaid shirts. I think my subconscious realizes it makes coordinating collages easier. ;)  I also added the dates and places the photos were taken.


So don't be afraid to update your creations! You are not ruining anything, you're just keeping up with the times!

No comments:

Post a Comment