Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A gift for Grandma...

My husband's Grandma loves chickens and roosters... and it makes complete sense for her to decorate her country kitchen (yes, she lives on a farm) with all sorts of poultry pictures and collectibles. I have had rooster paper and ribbon for a couple of years now... and finally found them when I was digging around in my scraproom... and found the time to create the decorative paint can and mirror below.


Grandma and Grandpa have been married for 63 years, so I incorporated little details to show that off. There is a "B" for Bill, and "V" for Velma, "C" for the initial of their last name, a tiny Illinois license plate (that's the state they live in) and numbers from their wedding date: June 24, 1950.

I hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment